Thanks to the steady evolution of non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatments, those looking for new ways to maintain youthful, healthy skin are spoilt for choice. Mesotherapy and Profhilo have emerged as popular choices among the stiff competition due to their impressive results and minimally invasive nature. This article will delve into a detailed comparison of Mesotherapy vs Profhilo to help you understand the benefits, differences, and potential uses.
What is Mesotherapy and Profhilo?
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a microneedle to inject a cocktail of vitamins, antioxidants and hyaluronic acid into the skin. The result is rejuvenation and tightening of the skin, which can help combat fine lines and wrinkles, acne, scarring and hair loss.
On the other hand, Profhilo, an anti-wrinkle injectable treatment, works by hydrating the skin and encouraging the production of collagen and elastin. The net effect is rejuvenation and nourishment of the skin so that it looks and feels its best. Profhilo is not a dermal filler but a hydrator, making the skin glow and fine lines disappear. It’s effective for facial rejuvenation and body areas like the neck, décolletage, hands, upper arms, abdomen, and buttocks.
How do Mesotherapy and Profhilo work?
Mesotherapy works by injecting a mix of substances into the mesoderm, also known as the middle layer of the skin. These substances are the building blocks and fuel for the skin to rebuild and restore itself. Furthermore, Mesotherapy works on the blood vessels within the skin to reduce inflammation and improve circulation to the treated area. The result is tighter skin, reduced cellulite and enhanced hair growth.
Profhilo uses a high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid to add hydration and firmness to sagging skin. Hyaluronic acid attracts and holds onto water molecules. As it spreads evenly within the treatment area, it improves skin tone, texture, and elasticity. Two to three treatment sessions of Profhilo, spaced four weeks apart, are typically recommended for optimal results.
Mesotherapy and Profhilo: A Comparison
While both treatments serve the common purpose of skin rejuvenation, there are notable differences:
- Ingredients: Mesotherapy uses a cocktail of various substances, chosen based on the individual’s needs, while Profhilo solely relies on Hyaluronic Acid.
- Procedure: Mesotherapy can involve multiple injections or a meso-gun to deliver the product. In comparison, Profhilo uses a small needle to strategically inject small boluses throughout the treatment area.
- Areas of Application: Both treatments are versatile and can be used on the face and body. However, Mesotherapy can also be used on the scalp to treat hair loss.
- Results Duration: The results from Profhilo treatment can last up to 6 months. In contrast, how long Mesotherapy lasts depends on the health of your skin and your customised treatment plan.
Choosing the Right Treatment For You: Mesotherapy vs Profhilo
The choice between Mesotherapy and Profhilo largely depends on your specific skin needs:
- Hydration and Elasticity: If you seek intense hydration and improved elasticity, Profhilo might be the preferred choice due to its high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid.
- Cellulite Reduction: If cellulite is your primary concern, Mesotherapy could be more effective.
- Complete Skin Rejuvenation: Profhilo stimulates collagen and elastin production, leading to total skin rejuvenation. It is ideal for quick and significant improvements in skin health and appearance.
- Hair Loss: For hair loss, Mesotherapy stands out, given its targeted hair growth formulation.
In conclusion, Mesotherapy and Profhilo are excellent choices for non-surgical skin rejuvenation, each with unique strengths. It’s crucial to consult with a skilled aesthetic practitioner to discuss your aesthetic goals and develop a personalised treatment plan that suits your needs.
Regardless of the chosen treatment, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a consistent skincare routine can help enhance the results and keep your skin looking vibrant and youthful. If you want to know more, we invite you to book a consultation at Clinic Dr Dray; London’s premier doctor-led aesthetic clinic.